Die Burger PPA Cycle Tour: 1 December 2013 @ Stellenbosch High School (please scroll down for venue & parking map)
- There will be gates at the start venue that each entrant must pass through in order to access the start area. Please arrive at least 60 minutes before your start time.
To be allowed access, each entrant must have the following 5 items:
1. Official Race Number. To be worn low down on your back. You may not ride with your PPA fun ride number as this is not a standard PPA fun ride.
2. RaceTec/Winning Time chip. Wear the chip only on your ankle (with a Velcro strap) or on the front wheel (quick release) using the special bike mount pointing towards the ground.
3. Bicycle Sticker. This will be in your race pack and must be peeled off and stuck to your bicycle.
5. Start card. This will be in your race pack. Do not hand it in at the first gate you pass through. Hand it to the marshal when you enter your allocated start chute.
If you are not in possession of any of these 5 items, you will be directed to the Info Tent where you will be given a replacement. This may take time so it is best to make sure that you don’t forget anything at home.
If you have purchased a RaceTec chip online and have not collected it at another event, you can collect it from the RaceTec table at Registration. Please note that it is compulsory to wear a chip for this event. You will not be allowed to start the event without one.
* If you haven’t purchased a RaceTec chip yet, you may buy one for R120 at the RaceTec counter during Registration.
- Thursday 28 November: Limpopo Room, The River Club, Mowbray 10am – 6pm
- Friday 29 November: Oakdale Club, Bellville (80A Bloemhof Road) 10am – 6pm
- Saturday 30 November: Stellenbosch High School, Stellenbosch 10am – 6pm
Someone else can collect your race pack on your behalf. You need to give them a letter or email stating that you give them permission to collect on your behalf. You must quote your name and race number/ID number.
Route changes can be done at Registration.
- To change from the 97km route to the 44km route, you will be charged a R20 admin fee.
- To change from the 44km route to the 97km route, you will be charged a R150 admin fee.
Substitutions will be accepted at Registration.
- The substitution fee is R50 and is payable at Registration.
- The new entrant must bring a letter of permission from the person withdrawing.
- The new entrant can substitute a rider from either distance, and may enter the distance of his/her choice.
- The new entrant will be seeded according to his/her own results.
Directions to Oakdale Club:
Driving northbound towards Durbanville, take the Durban Road exit off the N1. Turn left on to Durban Road. Once you are on Durban Road, head towards Tygervalley and turn right at the second traffic lights. (There is a sign at the traffic lights pointing to Oakdale Club.) Once you are in Bloemhof Road, go through one traffic light and around one circle. After the circle, take the second right into Bloemhof Centre. Once you are in the complex, turn left before the circle and go passed the Bloemhof Guesthouse on your left. Oakdale Club will be on your right.
Directions to Stellenbosch High School (NOT for race day)
Travelling on N1 from Cape Town
Follow the N1 freeway to Paarl. Turn off at Exit 39 [Stellenbosch] and turn right onto the R304. Follow the road to Stellenbosch. Reaching town, turn left at the fifth traffic light into Merriman Avenue. Follow the road and go straight at the roundabout (traffic circle) and continue on Merriman Avenue. Turn right into Jannasch Road. The school will be on your left hand side.
Travelling on N2 from Cape Town
Follow the N2 freeway in the direction of Stellenbosch. Turn off at Exit 33 [Baden-Powell Road, Stellenbosch]. Turn left onto the R310. Follow the road (approximately 23 km) until you reach a T-junction and turn right. Follow the road into Stellenbosch until you reach a second T-junction (immediately past the railway station to the left). Turn left onto the R44. At the second traffic light, turn right into Merriman Avenue. Follow the road and go straight at the roundabout (traffic circle) and continue on Merriman Avenue. Turn right into Jannasch Road. The school will be on your left hand side.
Venue Map for Race Day