97km (seeding event for the Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour) – map below
- There will be little time for warming up after crossing the start line, as cyclist will encounter their first climb of the day when they make their way up the scenic Old Helshoogte Pass, before enjoying a long descent through Pniel and onto the R45 towards Franschhoek.
- Just before Franschhoek, cyclists will turn left onto the R301, from where the route will take them through Wemmershoek and past the Drakenstein Correctional Centre (formerly known as Victor Verster Prison, where Nelson Mandela was held for three years before being released in 1990).
- Right before the R301 crosses the N1, cyclists will turn right onto Lustigan Road, following the route over the N1 through Southern Paarl on Sonstraal Road, turning right onto Swavelstert Road and right again on the new and improved Bo Dal Road, from where cyclists will ride to Piet Retief Road.
- After a short ride on the busy Piet Retief Road into Wellington, cyclists will turn left onto Champaigne Steet before heading back on the rolling hills of the R44 and back to the finish in Stellenbosch.
44km – map below
- Participants will follow the long route riders up and over the Old Helshoogte, through Pniel and down towards the R45, where the short route will split from the long route.
- Riders will follow the R45 until the Simondium Road, where cyclists will take a left towards the R44 where it will join up with the long route again about 15km before the finish in Stellenbosch.